On Perl's Piece:
Her overall arguement that writing involves forward, backword, and reflective movement remains the most valid that i've read in this class. Everything she described I've experienced at one point or another. One question though, what if a writer processes in a linear fashion? She also says "writing leads to discovery," suggesting writers find more about their own process, connection between mind and pen, grammar, literary devices, etc. by writing (Just like I realized that sentence is very awkward). I believe that assertion to be true. If we do not write, or practice writing, how will we know what to do and how we go about doing it.
On Runicman's Piece:
Writing as something fun eh? Most students don't look at a writing assignments as fun. In my experience writing for the non-english major becomes a tedious chore. The same goes for reading. I've never understood why, but then i've found so much pleasure in both activities it is hard to understand any other point-of-view. After reading Runicman's article, I couldn't help but identify with his desire to share the wonders of writing. I choose to write, teach, and share what i've read because i want others to experience the same pleasure in those activies as i do. Trying to inspire hundreds of students with writing and reading may seem niave, but something I'm willing to work for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment